Monday, September 06, 2004

A Day Off at NO Expense

By some divine intervention, I actually had today off. This is the only non-large holiday I get off- I'm not completely sure that makes since, so I'll expand. I only technically get Christmas Day , Thanksgiving Day, New Year's Day and Fourth of July off- no day's before or after- and for instance this year, the 4th was on a Sunday- no dice on taking the 5th off. Of course I could always use my vacation time for those days...... Yeah. Therefore, getting Labor day off has to be an act of God. However, all is not as great as it would seem- because Baylor University doesn't observe Labor day!!! so Adam has class all day. But I have rather enjoyed not having to be at work today.


Yesterday Kyle gave a great sermon about forgiveness. His words still resonate in my mind. Forgiveness is hard- because letting go is hard. Even in daily conversations I hold or overhear- people are just angry, bitter or searching for something to be riled up about. Kyle brought up the point that forgiveness is neither excusing someone's behavior nor is it about forgetting- now those are almost unheard of concepts aren't they? Forgiving- letting go-- but still addressing the issue. How much happier life would be - how much lighter our loads would be if we could just really learn what it means to forgive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home