Thursday, August 17, 2006

Vacation-- all I ever wanted

We are back from our vacation- and it sucks to be back in reality and sucks to be back in this Texas heat. Our trip was really great besides having to throw out my perfume and contact solution- and our bags being left in Atlanta for a while and the goofy customer "service" people at Delta.

Because of our lost bags we had to forgo Charlottesville- because we ended up waiting 4hrs in the Richmond airport- but I was at least able to get some work done- and did some people watching. So after waiting we decided to venture on to our hotel in Maryland and go on a target shopping spree for clothes for the next few days.

The next day was spent walking around D.C. - it was my first trip and I loved it, I had a great time- we saw all the tourist things and ate some different foods and got to see our friend Katie- I think I could live there.

Saturday we got up drove back to Richmond and picked up our luggage and then drove to Williamsburg to see our new niece Gabriella-- she is so freaking cute-- we spent the next 2 days hanging out there with my sister LouAnne and her husband Brian and my other sister Jennifer-- it was so great to see them.

Then Monday - my 25th birthday- we drove to the outer banks. I love love love the beach- the way the sand feels, the way the ocean sounds and the salty air smells and how the water feels splashing on my legs- so we hung out on the beach for the next day and a half-- the perfect birthday gift!

Sadly today back to work- complete with all the crazies! and looking forward to my next day off- whenever that will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home