Sunday, March 26, 2006

rambling- what i do best

So, I have become a vegetarian- I haven't had meat since December and hadn't really had much meat up until that one meal in December. People are always curious as to why- it originally started with us just excluding red meat from our diet - and then just turned to all meat- since we weren't eating much of it anyway. And so we come to point we are at now- where we eat lots of veggies and fruit and mostly organic. I've never been grossed out by others eating meat or even seeing meat. My friend Tracey who is also a veggie- can't even stand to look at the cattle trucks on the highway. And for me yesterday was the first time I have ever looked a cattle truck and actually felt really sad for the cows inside.

My photography business is starting to pick up which is exciting. I am also excited that blue bonnets will be appearing in random place soon. Winston will be turning 1 on April 3rd- so yep- I am throwing him a party. First I just love to have parties and having another excuse to have friends over the hang out is good for me- plus I just thought it would be fun.

Terry Esau came to speak at UBC today- it was probably one of the more difficult services I have sat through in a while. It was somewhat painfully healing- sometimes I find myself just not ready to talk about kyle's death in a real way- I want to leave it in the back of my mind- instead of in the front. Terry's words were beautiful and even more meaningful because he was there that day in October. I find that when I do think about- I am still angry, confused and sad. I personally have never had such emotions linger for such a long duration. But today was nice to have someone speak to our family with complete honesty and a humble heart- meeting us where we are with our grief and not trying to dance around it. I am grateful.

If you haven't checked this out by now you should: kylesfilm.blogspot.com
and check out the trailer- true art, inspired vision- it's just lovely.

1 Comments:

Blogger Candace Shaw said...

I wish I had been there on Sunday. Well I wish I was there every Sunday. It's hard to heal from far away. P.S. I looked at my wedding book again today just randomly and remembered how much i LOVE it!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home