Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Old habits die hard- and once again it has been over a month since my last post. Today was the end of a journey for me and the beginning of a new one- today was my last day of work at the job I have been at for 3yrs. Thursday I will start a new job with Baylor University.

I am very excited about it- I think it will be a new challenge and just a great place to work. So today I said all of my goodbyes and turned in my keys- it still feels sort of strange but I think it will all settle in once I don't have to get up in the morning and go to work there anymore.

I know that I have said this over and over- but I am amazed at how time works- how quickly it passes in lump sum but the parts of the whole go slowly. I think about myself this time last year, about my friends this time last year, and it is strange to think about how different and yet how the same things are. The scars that are on our hearts help us to remember the past- the funny thing about scars is that sometimes even though they have been "healed up" just looking at them sometimes brings back the pain.

I went to the cemetery at lunch yesterday and did some of Kyle's favorite things- I sat outside enjoyed the sights and sounds around me, I ate and I read. It was nice, and in that moment to know that we are now going to be calling Waco home for a bit longer felt really good.

Happy Halloween kids!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the new job, amanda! i am happy to hear about it. uhhhh see you at church tonight and thank goodness grey's isn't a re-run this week!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home