Thursday, October 27, 2005

What is it about fall that makes things go so quickly? I love this time of year- but I guess with all things there are the parts that aren't all colder weather and fall leaves. ... like for instance that everyone seems so rushed, are they just trying to keep warm or is it because as Americans that is what we think holidays are about- rushing around. And then there is the fact that I have to wear closed toed shoes because flip flops with a sweater is not always a great fashion statement- so then my feet get ugly- and now my skin and eyes are dry. But when I pair all of these things about fall against all the things about a Texas summer- I gladly take fall.

Work has officially started on the fence for our backyard. Since I came home one afternoon to find Adam in the backyard attacking our awful shed with a hammer and crow bar, the next afternoon I came home and the whole "walk-way" part of the shed was torn off. Of course after I finished saying "what the !" my next question was how in the world did you not hurt yourself doing all of that- and after he explained his brilliant method I felt better about the whole thing. Just with that section down- our yard already looks larger.

Gideon spoke at UBC on Sunday - his sermon was on Slow-fix Spirituality- but his description of family was so wonderfully accurate- you can go here to download it: http://www.ubcwaco.org/2004/sermons.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home