Thursday, October 07, 2004

I hear the music when I look at you...

Well, it's official-- the crazy birds are back in Waco. Just imagine the ugliest and loudest bird ever... Now imagine them everywhere around you -- yes! just like the movie "the Birds". These things scare me - and they are swarming my office now in the evenings- soon I'll seem them everywhere and be forced to dash frantically to the car to avoid being pooped on...

Life has been good lately- busy though. Just got back from Jackie's wedding, it was really beautiful- it reminded me how much I really do care for her and miss her. Nick is great for her and I wish them the absolute best. And it was rumored they may come see us in good ole Texas! It was nice to be home in N.C. to see big trees and have nice roads- but as much as I felt comforted by the old sites, sounds and smells-- it just wasn't "home" any more. It was my family's home- I realized that my home whether I'm a fan or not is actually here in Texas or wherever Adam is--sappy I know.

Speaking of - Adam is in Atlanta right now at a conference. So I'm holding down the fort by my lonesome. It's not so bad- I've been super busy at work so that helps. I have been driving his car- I like driving it- it has keyless entry which is wonderful when it rains (side note: it's been raining everyday since he left). I have been listening to his "Mae" CD which is where the title of this post came from- I really like it- and it kinda makes me feel like Adam is still here- cheesy I know.

On a change of pace- I had a part time student quit on me this week. She called in at 7:45 and left a message that she was quitting! She had just been in on Monday and acted like everything was fine-didn't ask to speak to me about problems or anything- not to mention she was only working 6 hrs a week-- anyway- that made me pretty mad. So I called her back told her not to bother coming to get her check we would mail it and for her benefit- next time you quit a job- it's best to do it in person. What was she thinking!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home