Saturday, February 04, 2006

Life has been so busy lately. This time of year in the financial/retirement world can be a bit crazy- or at least at our office. I have had to do more accounting in the past week than I ever care to do in my life. The thing is I HATE math- and swore that I would never have a job that had anything to do with such evil. But life is full of surprises.

Time has passed so quickly- the months have seemed to just blur by. Where the hell did January go!? It almost feels like I have just been on a huge treadmill- running in place but going so fast, the surroundings are the same and yet different. anyway

Then today- we went to see Kyle. I haven't been in a long time. I am never over that way during the day, and today we were so we went. This time I felt more peaceful than last, more ok- still not ok- but more than before. And it was amazing to me how different time felt there. It was more still, more quite.

My friend, it has been months since I last came, and it all is still the same-- no grass has covered your grave, the trees look no bigger nor smaller, there is no more noise than before-- it felt so constant- just the same, I was different, but the surrounds felt untouched by time.

This time, I just cried a bit, a few silent tears- I am pretty sure I will always cry, because time- while fast and slow- can also be unfair.

1 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

"And it was amazing to me how different time felt there."

This is one of the most beautiful sentences I've read in a long time.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home